Mittwoch, 9. Februar 2011

The Video of Mona Lisa or how to go mental because of the interweb

Ladies and Gentlemen!
This. is. the. news!

PANIC! AT THE DISCO release a video fot their new single

THE BALLAD OF MONA LISA

The video was released yesterday night on mtv.com and kerrang.com but I when I had to leave for work it wasn´t uploaded yet.
I´ve already guessed that this was going to happen so I wasn´t that bummed.
Working was hard though.
Lyrically locked in a room with loads of computers and internet and not being able to watch wasn´t helping at all.
But luckily I was able to leave early.
I almost ran home.
And uh, I was so not dancing to Mona Lisa on my iPod while waiting for the fucking tram at the station.

Okay, maybe I was.

My first try was MTV.

"Sorry we´re unable to offer this video for users in your region"

Next try: Kerrang

"The video you are trying to watch cannot be viewed from your current country or location"


Sooo, I was beginning to get nervous. Kerrang never disappointed me.
But I didn´t gave up that easily.

Next : Youtube

I didn´t found the video at first. Great.
Then I had to ga back to work.
When I got back in the late evening I couldn´t be bothered to at least turn on the computer.
I went to sleep and dreamt.

The next mornig (well, today) I got up earlier because there could be the possibility that someone uploaded the video where it would be LEGAL for me to watch it.
That´s when I read Zacks Tweet about the Youtube Upload.

I was like.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!"

And Youtube was like:

"This video contains content from WMG. It´s not available in your country.
Sorry about that :/ "


I can remember my thought exactly.
A big giant "FUUUUUUUUCK!"
Sorry for swearing, mum.
But that fucking :/ Smiley killed me.

When I came back from work I noticed one of my CFF´s (Computer-Friendly-Friends) must have been reading my desperate tweets and sent me the link to a download to a strange programme I don´t understand.
Whatever.

I COULD FINALLY WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO.

And that´s what I did.

Like 753295230572353 times.


*break*


I just watched the video again.
The waiting was so worth it.


The video is so wonderful. All the tiny details and the whole production.
I love every single second of it.
Well except for the ones where the Brendon-Ghost looked like an angry Vampire.
But it´s alright. You can´t always get what you want.

I´m the best example.
But in the end I saw the video and felt freaking excited for the new album.
I haven´t preordered it yet, because I want a special edition.

So this entry was all about my struggles with modern technology.
That´s why my my actual note-BOOK has way more entrys than this blog has.

The only thing left to say:

WATCH THE VIDEO!
Even if you´ve got to start a "cyber war";)






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen